It's getting to be that time of year again where we need to be concerned about Winter maintenance. It's always a good idea, whether you own a new home, or a well seasoned home that you familiarize yourself with some seasonal maintenance basics.
- Remember to disconnect all exterior hoses to prevent pipe bursts due to frozen water.
- Now is a great time to change your furnace filter.
- Check the batteries in all smoke/carbon monoxide detectors.
- Check your downspouts to make sure that they are clear of debris and will be able to properly direct water away from your foundation.
- Familiarize responsible family members with the gas main valve and other appliance valves.
- Clean the clothes dryer exhaust duct, damper and space under the dryer.